The specific objectives of the proposed project are as follows:
• Investigate the surface characteristics parameters, i.e., thickness of the recast layer, surface roughness, morphology at the surface, and hardness of TZNT alloy after EDM treatment.
• Identify the chemical composition of different materials, their phases, and the compounds formed on the surface of TZNT alloy after EDM treatment.
• Modeling of powder mix EDM to predict white layer thickness using reverse engineering.
• Investigate the tribological, wetting and corrosion behavior of the machined surfaces.
• Investigate cell adhesion, cell proliferation, bacterial attachment and osteogenic differentiation supported by the treated surface.