– In introducing e-reserves as an added service of the De La Salle University (DLSU) libraries, the purpose of this paper is to identify the best practices of handling e-reserves and its legal implications as one of the factors that might affect the introduction, development and implementation of such service.
– Four universities were considered based from the 2013 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) university rankings in Asia. Only one academic library was maintaining an e-reserve system. It was consulted to know more about their e-reserve practices.
– The paper recommends to prepare the relevant e-reserve guidelines before it fully operates. Moreover, the Libraries should also collaborate with the office handling learning management systems so as to decide on how to manage the e-reserves. A needs assessment survey for faculty members is also being prepared so as to solicit responses from the teaching faculty if e-reserves is possible for DLSU to be established.
– The paper attempts to document the existing e-reserve system in Philippine academic libraries.
|Number of pages||280|
|Publication status||Published - 2015|
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Social Sciences(all)
- Library and Information Sciences